Current projects and consultations
This page provides an overview of ASIC’s projects for the current financial year, current consultations, and information on recent reforms.
ASIC’s vision is for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. Our Corporate Plan 2020–24 outlines how we aim to achieve our vision through our strategic priorities and actions over the next four years, and the actions we are taking in the near term to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In 2020–21, ASIC’s work in superannuation will focus on:
- implementing Financial Services Royal Commission law reform recommendations
- delivering as a conduct regulator for superannuation – implementing any legislative reforms that increase ASIC’s role as conduct regulator for superannuation trustees
- insurance in superannuation – monitoring the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the insurance offerings of superannuation trustees and continuing to review industry’s progress on improving insurance outcomes for consumers, particularly in default insurance
- product design and distribution obligations (DDO) – providing guidance to industry to help issuers and distributors to design, market and distribute financial and credit products that meet consumer needs
- internal dispute resolution (IDR) – commencing the second phase of targeted consultation on IDR data collection and reporting to build on the feedback provided in response to Consultation Paper 311 Internal dispute resolution: Update to RG 165 (CP 311).
Visit the Consultation Papers section of ASIC’s website to view consultation papers currently open for public comment.