RG 97 Disclosing fees and costs in PDSs and periodic statements
Issued 29 March 2017
This guide is for issuers of most superannuation products and managed investment products issued to retail clients, which are required to make disclosure in accordance with the enhanced fee disclosure regulations.
It provides guidance on how to disclose fees and costs in Product Disclosure Statements (PDSs) and periodic statements.
Note: Some information in this guide is also relevant to issuers of investment life insurance products and operators of investor directed portfolio services (IDPSs) and managed discretionary account (MDA) services.
- RG 97 (PDF 544 KB)
- ASIC Corporations (Amendment and Repeal) Instrument 2015/876 which amended [CO 14/1252]
- ASIC Corporations (Amendment) Instrument 2019/599 which amended [CO 14/1252]
Notifying ASIC in relation to transition period extension
1. Advise ASIC in writing before 1 February 2017 by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org identifying yourself (ie the name of the trustee or issuer) and the Product Disclosure Statement(s)
- stating that you intend to provide to ASIC written information relating to any relevant superannuation products or relevant investment products to which the Statement relates before 1 March 2017; and
- if any financial product to which the Statement relates will not be offered for issue after September 2017, identifying that financial product.
2. Provide ASIC data on fees and costs before 1 March 2017
Download the form and instructions below to provide ASIC data on fees and costs. The information must be provided before 1 March 2017 or if provided based on a notification from ASIC within 6 business days of the notification. The completed form must be emailed to email@example.com
Draft version of RG 97 that was circulated for comment
A draft version of RG 97 was circulated for comment in December 2014.