How to apply for journalist search access
A journalist is a person who:
- works in a professional capacity for media organisations,
- is a freelance who regularly sells stories to media organisations, or
- publishes stories on a commercial basis.
A person who exclusively runs a social media platform, or regularly publishes stories in their own free time or as a hobby is not considered a journalist.
You can apply for a journalist search exemption by completing and emailing an Application for journalist search access.
Completed applications should be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have processed your application, you will be sent your search exemption code, journalist portal username and password by email. This information allows you to:
- log in to the ASIC journalist portal, and
- complete searches on our business name and company registers.