How to sign up for an ASIC Connect account
ASIC Connect is the online system used to manage your business name.
Further assistance about using ASIC Connect can be accessed via the Help button at the top right-hand side of the screen
To get started, visit the ASIC website at www.asic.gov.au.
- Click on the blue ASIC Connect box.
This will take you to ASIC Connect.
- Select 'Sign up' in the blue ASIC Connect box.
Read the information about ASIC Connect.
- Select the 'Sign up' button at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address in the field provided. This will become your username.
- Enter a password that is a minimum length of nine characters, consisting of three of the following – lowercase (a – z) and uppercase (A – Z) alphabetic characters, numeric characters (0 – 9) or special characters (!$#%). It cannot contain any two consecutive characters that appear in your user ID, first name or last name. It must not be one of your previous eight passwords.
- Enter your personal details (given name, family name, phone).
- Select a security question from the drop-down box and enter the answer.
- Tick the box to confirm you have read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Select 'Create account'.
We will send an activation email to the email address provided. This can take up to 15 minutes to reach you depending on the email provider.
After you receive the email, open it, and click on the 'Activate ASIC Connect account' link. If this does not work, you can copy and paste the link from your email into your web browser.
- Log in using your email address and password provided on previous screen.