Tips for applying for auditor registration
To avoid delay in assessing your application, provide complete information that addresses all the application requirements and ensure that you pay the required fee.
We cannot register a person who is disqualified from managing a corporation and may refuse to register a person who is not resident in Australia.
Applications on the basis of practical experience must provide information using Documents A, B. C and D of Appendix 1 of RG 180.
Applications relying on the auditing competency standards must, during the transitional period to 30 June 2017, either provide information under the 2004 competency standard or 2016 competency standard.
Use the relevant template documents to submit your application:
The following documents are Word versions of documents reproduced in Appendix 1 of RG 180:
- Document A: Practical auditing and other equivalent experience
Download Document A (Word)
- Document B: Supervisor declaration
Download Document B (Word)
- Document C: Capability report
Download Document C (Word)
- Document D: Capability declaration
Download Document D (Word)
- Document E: Auditor competencies log book (2016 competency standard)
Download Document E (Word)
You should read the auditor registration conditions:
- Regulatory Guide 180 Auditor registration (RG 180)
- Pro forma 215 Company auditor registration conditions (PF 215)
- Pro forma 216 Authorised audit company registration conditions (PF 216)
- Pro forma 217 Deed: authorised audit company run-off insurance cover (PF 217)
We are always looking to improve our information for auditors so we would like to know what's important to you. Please leave us some feedback.