As the lead Government agency for financial capability, ASIC helps Australians to be in control of their financial lives. Our work aims to support people to make informed financial decisions, manage their money day-to-day, and plan for the future.
The financial capability program provides a platform for ASIC to better understand the needs and behaviour of consumers and to communicate directly with them. These interactions help to inform ASIC's regulatory work as well as providing timely messages to consumers and investors on emerging issues.
Financial Capability is responsible for:
- developing and implementing the National Financial Capability Strategy
- delivering ASIC's Moneysmart website - visited by 1 in 2 Australian adults in 2019-20
- supporting the delivery of financial education in the classroom through the Moneysmart Teaching program
- ensuring the needs of Indigenous consumers and investors are addressed effectively and appropriately through the Indigenous Outreach program
- managing a growing Financial Wellbeing Network.