Reporting obligations of companies and registered bodies also registered with the ACNC
If your company or registered body is registered with the ACNC as charity, you have ongoing obligations to the ACNC. You do not have to report annually to ASIC or notify ASIC of most changes.
As a registered charity with the ACNC:
- A public company no longer needs to lodge changes to its constitution with us or tell us of the adoption or repeal of a constitution. Instead this information is provided to the ACNC.
- A company is no longer required to send a copy of its constitution to members who request a copy.
- A company or a registered body is no longer required to notify us of a change of their address details, including their registered office address, principal place of business address or contact address. You can also choose to notify ASIC of changes.
- A company or a registered body is no longer required to notify us of the appointment, resignation or retirement of directors, secretaries and alternate directors or submit personal details of directors and secretaries. You can also choose to notify ASIC of changes.
- A company will not be sent an annual statement each year (on the company’s review date) and will not have to review their details or pay the annual review fee. However, if the last annual review date was before registration with the ACNC, the company must pay the annual review fee to ASIC.