In all its activities ASIC works closely with a range of international organisations, foreign regulators and law enforcement agencies. ASIC makes and receives international requests in relation to investigations, compliance and surveillance, policy research, delegations and licensing/due diligence and general referrals.
ASIC participates in a number of important international regulatory forums including the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) and is a signatory to international cooperation agreements including the IOSCO Multilateral Memorandum of Understanding and numerous bilateral memoranda of understanding.
- International strategy, forums and technical assistance
- International regulatory and enforcement cooperation (including MOUs)
- Overseas regulators' public warnings and alerts
- Requests for due diligence (probity) information for foreign regulators
- Requests for visits to ASIC by foreign delegations
- Foreign businesses and individuals: information and how to contact ASIC
If you are a foreign government agency and require information from ASIC in relation to your regulatory and enforcement purposes, please contact ASIC with your request via:
Senior Manager – International Cooperation Requests
Assessment & Intelligence
Australian Securities & Investments Commission
GPO Box 9827
Melbourne Vic 3001
Email contact is preferred.
If you are an individual or a business you may contact ASIC online, by phone, in writing, or in person or see our information for foreign businesses and individuals.
Note that ASIC also works with other regulators and organisations in Australia and you may wish to consider whether or not your enquiry falls within their areas of responsibility.