ASIC media releases are point-in-time statements. Please note the date of issue and use the internal search function on the site to check for other media releases on the same or related matters.
19-004MR ASIC applies to wind up Traditional Therapy Clinics
ASIC has applied to the Federal Court to wind up Traditional Therapy Clinics Limited (TTC), a company that was previously listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and has business operations in China.
The application arises from ASIC’s concerns that:
- TTC has no directors ordinarily residing in Australia and no company secretary;
- TTC’s external auditors found irregularities in bank records that they received from the company’s China-based management;
- TTC failed to provide authorisation to its external auditors for them to obtain independent confirmation of TTC’s cash balances directly from the Chinese banks;
- funds raised from investors may have been improperly diverted or dissipated; and
- TTC has failed to lodge its half-year review for the period ending on 30 June 2018.
ASIC seeks orders that TTC be wound up and liquidators Adam Nitikins and Samuel Freeman, of Ernst & Young, be appointed.
ASIC’s application has been listed for hearing before the Federal Court at Melbourne on 22 February 2019 at 9.30am.
TTC has its registered office in Perth, Western Australia, and is a franchisor and owner of traditional therapeutic health and wellness clinics in China.
On 3 September 2015, TTC was admitted to the official list of the ASX following the company raising $15 million through a prospectus issued on 20 June 2015.
On 3 September 2018, the ASX suspended TTC’s shares from trading following the company’s failure to lodge its 2018 half year report by the due date.
On 16 November 2018, the TTC board appointed Daniel Johannes Bredenkamp and Bryan Kevin Hughes, of Pitcher Partners, as administrators of the company.
On 17 December 2018, the ASX delisted TTC following the company’s failure to respond to various ASX queries.
Until ASIC’s application is determined, queries from TTC creditors or shareholders should be directed to company’s administrators, on (08) 9322 2022.