Highlights from our 2003-04 annual report: 'Building confidence in financial markets'
Highlights from the 2003-04 annual report
- A record $4.2 billion in capital raisings requiring additional disclosure, compensation orders or assets preserved
- Financial and corporate laws kept credible and respected: 28 jailed, 60 illegal schemes shut down, insolvent trading deterred
- Higher, more consistent standards promoted in the financial services industry under 3,853 new licences
- Business costs reduced and innovative products assisted through 2,007 ASIC approvals
- Public use of ASIC services increased: consumer website visits up 37%, database searches up 23%, reports of misconduct up 7%.
Read our media release 04-374, 17 November 2004.
Selected pages from the report
Read our hints on downloading, viewing and printing PDF files
'Building confidence in financial markets' (pages 3-5), PDF file, 141 KB
Achieving the aims set out in our legislation (3 year perspective) (pages 6-7), PDF file, 40 KB
Sustained progress on six key goals in our 2002-05 strategic plan (page 8) PDF file, 30 KB
Increased outputs to achieve the outcome approved by Parliament (page 10), PDF file, 34 KB
Directorate staff numbers, role, key events, results and targets for next year (pages 12-13), PDF file, 37 KB
Where ASIC fits into the regulatory picture
Who we regulate and how we do it (pages 44-46), PDF file, 47 KB
Six year summary
1998-99 to 2003-04: business data, ASIC performance data and financial summary (page 60), PDF file, 41 KB
Download the full annual report as a PDF file or read it at these libraries
Independent audit report
Statement from the Australian National Audit Office about the electronic presentation on this website of the audited financial report of ASIC for the year ended 30 June 2004 (PDF file, 184 KB).